Reply To: Going on a WAC Hunt

• Cassidy S

August 25, 2022 at 9:13 pm

1. I was already familiar with most of the WAC’s having worked in a classroom and seen them posted around as reminders of what were working on but I was surprised to find the detailing in the guidebook to be as extensive as it was. Most of the time I see them condensed or summarized to make it a quicker update for the outsiders of the classroom to know what’s going on.

2. I don’t think I was surprised by many of the WACs but as previously stated I was impressed by the depth and range of coming at each focus point.

3. I can see how each WAC is incredibly helpful in grounding the principles of the classroom. It’s an explanation for procedure and a reminder of core values and rules as well as the many ways they can be properly applied to accommodate different learning environments. They add into the overall safety as well mandating things like first aid kids and hygiene as necessity. It’s helpful outside as well because it brings an underlying foundation for education as a whole having standards of ethics for everyone not just school by school or case by case.