Reply To: Peer Review – Four Corners Activity

• Andraya Johnson

October 21, 2022 at 3:13 pm

Four corners activity

1: Strongly agree

*A multicultural education curriculum should be in place in every school.

2: Agree

*All learning programs should accommodate all children with special needs.

*The United States should discontinue relations with countries that engage in human rights violations.

3: Disagree

*Some extended family members may confuse children, so they should not have a voice in raising or educating the child. (Yes and no)

*My curriculum should be based on each individual child’s current interests.

*Media in general delivers fair and accurate accounts of events around the country.

4: Strongly disagree

*Families should not be expected to be involved in classroom activities.

*Diversity definitely includes race and culture, but doesn’t include age, ability or family make-up.

Point of view : what shaped your responses above:

I think growing up with 2 moms, in a different household than most others I grew up being very accepting and open to other peoples differences.

Reflect on the ways people respond to one another when points of view differ. Do we ever change our views? What kinds of things influence us to change our perspective?

*sometimes when people have different points of view they may not be able to communicate well, they may be cold or distant, judgemental, non-inclusive. Yes I think we can change our views, when we open our selves up and become reciprocative to other people and their background, cultures, lives etc, we begin to learn more about others and that can help us to be more accepting. Things that can help us influence us to change our perspective are our families, school, friends, work, community, anything and anywhere can help us change our perspective if we have an open mind.