Reply To: Trainer Monitored Discussion -WACS influence on your day-to-day practice

• Scion M.

November 9, 2022 at 6:28 am

On top of this discussion board’s specific question, I would also like to take the time to make sure I am answering the two other questions given to me on the same page I found the link to this board on.

1. What did you discover about the WACs while completing the activity? I discovered just how detailed and thorough each one was! It is clear that each code was written to be as precise and specific as possible. They cover a far wider range of topics, issues, and points of discussion than I would have ever initially thought of.
    2. Were you surprised by any of the WACs? I may be misunderstanding it, but I was surprised that WAC 110-300-0425 said that those of us with a non-renewed, non-expiring license do not have the right to attest or make an appeal for it in court! I was also surprised to see we need approval of the department to hold dual licenses with similar clearances.
    3. Can you see how the WACs will influence your day-to-day practice in caring for children? Why or why not? I can absolutely see these WACs influencing my day-to-day practice! Having read through all of the listed WACs and seeing just how thorough and detailed they were in their descriptions and rulings on so many topics and issues related to this line of work really solidified in me how important and serious this line of work is! Working with children of any age is incredible fun, but as a teacher’s assistant, I still need to know and be very aware that this is still my job–my profession–and I need to take it seriously! I have to do my part to make sure that our children are safe, healthy, learning, and thriving. It’s not all just fun, there’s so much supervision, problem mitigation, and in-depth individual analysis (in terms of monitoring one’s social, physical, mental, and educational developments) to be doing. We as teachers are running a business as well, it just doesn’t take the same form as the kind of business we think of when we hear the term.