Reply To: Peer Review – Four Corners Activity

• Kristin

November 11, 2022 at 6:57 am

Label a piece of paper for each of these:

1. Strongly Agree

2. Agree

3. Disagree

4. Strongly Disagree

Read the eight statements below that address a variety of topics. After each statement is read, add that statement to the paper that best expresses how you feel about the statement.

STATEMENTS

1. A multicultural education curriculum should be in place in every school.(agree- it is important for all children to feel like they are represented)

2. Families should not be expected to be involved in classroom activities.(agree- the family members are not in the classroom on a daily bases so they shouldnt be expected to be involved, however i think it is nice to include them and keep them in the loop on what their children are learning and creating while they are in our care)

3. All learning programs should accommodate all children with special needs.(strongly agree- it is incredibly important for special needs children to have experiences that other children have as well)(

4. Some extended family members may confuse children, so they should not have a voice in raising or educating the child. (disagree- this really depends on culture. In some cases this may be correct, however in others if extended family is treated like first family and their opinions are important then that would be normal for that specific family and their culture)

5. My curriculum should be based on each individual child’s current interests.(disagree- i think it would be extremely hard to do this. A specific curriculum should be created and followed. It is ok to be doing something that a child might not enjoy. There will be other activities they might enjoy more)

6. Diversity definitely includes race and culture, but doesn’t include age, ability or family make-up. (Strongly disagree- diversity is what makes us all different including age, ability and family make up)

7. Media in general delivers fair and accurate accounts of events around the country.(disagree- there is always monitoring on the tv and i do not believe that it shows everything from around the world)

8. The United States should discontinue relations with countries that engage in human rights violations. (disagree- you don’t get rid of a dog when it digs a hole or does something naughty, you try to teach it and give it the tools to do better)

POINT OF VIEW

Religion, education, political, clothing, behavior, attitude all influence me. I know many people who do not believe the way that i do when it comes to religion and political ideologies. I usually try to look past these and get to know someone for who they are. If i do not like a persons attitude or behavior it is good to give them a chance because you never know what someone is going through, however if it is behavior and attitude that affects me and makes me feel uncomfortable then i usually avoid the person altogether. I think it is possible to change your views on things. I think knowledge and experience change our perspective more than anything else.