Child Care Basics
Active 13 minutes ago
Are you sure you want to leave ?
Reply To: Peer Review – Four Corners Activity
LaurenMemberNovember 13, 2022 at 11:47 pm
1. A multicultural education curriculum should be in place in every school. Strongly agree.
2. Families should not be expected to be involved in classroom activities. I disagree, I think it is important for families to be aware of what their child is learning.
3. All learning programs should accommodate all children with special needs. I strongly agree with this because there’s some children who don’t learn the same way or at the same pace as others in which, accommodations would be helpful for the child.
4. Some extended family members may confuse children, so they should not have a voice in raising or educating the child. I disagree with this. I’m not sure about this one. I think they should have a voice but also I would want to make sure that they wouldn’t be confusing the child even more than they already are.
5. My curriculum should be based on each individual child’s current interests. I agree but that is also a hard task. I would say that it is easier to give them options of what they would like to learn or activities they would be interested in doing but it might be difficult to lesson plan around each individual child.
6. Diversity definitely includes race and culture, but doesn’t include age, ability or family make-up. I agree. Diversity mostly focuses around race and culture in my opinion.
7. Media in general delivers fair and accurate accounts of events around the country. I agree that it can be a great source to read about events around the country. The downfall of that is, you never really know what is true and what is not.
8. The United States should discontinue relations with countries that engage in human rights violations. I think that this is a very opinion-based question and I am not really sure.