Early Childhood Educators Community Child Care Basics
Child Care Basics
Active 53 minutes ago
Are you sure you want to leave ?
Reply To: Peer Review – Four Corners Activity
MemberNovember 14, 2022 at 6:19 am
- A multicultural education curriculum should be in place in every school. Strongly agree.
- Families should not be expected to be involved in classroom activities. Strongly disagree. I think it is important for families to participate or volunteer in their children classroom when there are opportunities to do so. I have done so in the past, and my children often comment of how much they enjoy having me there helping with activities.
- All learning programs should accommodate all children with special needs. I disagree mostly because I think teachers and aides need to have specialized training and the means to do so.
- Some extended family members may confuse children, so they should not have a voice in raising or educating the child. Strongly disagree. I was raised by a multigenerational household and my life was completely enriched with the opportunity to learn from different generations.
- My curriculum should be based on each individual child’s current interests. Agree
- Diversity definitely includes race and culture, but doesn’t include age, ability or family make-up. Strongly disagree.
- Media in general delivers fair and accurate accounts of events around the country. Strongly disagree
- The United States should discontinue relations with countries that engage in human rights violations. This one was tough because the ethical thing will be to stop any relations with these countries. However, I am originally from a country with a repressive government. I have been a spectator of how family and friends suffered the consequences of these actions. When these human right violating countries become isolated from other countries that do not share the government values, the majority of the population and the most in need are the ones to pay the price of this rupture; Economy crumbles, so poverty and human right violations increase exponentially. So is it breaking relationship with a Government who violates human rights the best solution? Should we find other ways to stop these countries for their human right violations(Diplomacy dialogue and warning..maybe)?