Reply To: Trainer Monitored Discussion -WACS influence on your day-to-day practice

• Maya

December 13, 2022 at 7:56 pm
    1. What did you discover about the WACs while completing the activity?
    2. Were you surprised by any of the WACs?
    3. Can you see how the WACs will influence your day-to-day practice in caring for children? Why or why not?What did you discover about the WACs while completing the activity?
      Were you surprised by any of the WACs?
      Can you see how the WACs will influence your day-to-day practice in caring for children? Why or why not?

I discovered that there are so many rules and things that we need to succeed in having a peaceful work environment and a safe place for children. It is good to have that big knowledgeable resources to look back on and it is even good to show new people working in a childcare setting. Some things are easy to understand and it seems like, who wouldn’t know this but I am always shocked and surprised when people do not know how to work with children or it is their first time do not know these things. So going back and showing them these things are important for a good and healthy environment and safe environment for the childcare place. I was reading some interesting WAC recourses and some of them definitely reminded me to influence my day to day practice when caring for children. I like that I can go back and check things out if needed which is so helpful if I am needed a refresher on what the expectations are.