Reply To: Trainer Monitored Discussion- Get children engaged in meaningful learning

• Kaitlyn

December 22, 2022 at 9:11 pm

A huge piece of working with youth, no matter the age, is to really pay attention and understand the interests and abilities of each child. Not every child will behave or respond to a specific activity. It is so important that we take their interests into consideration. For me, it is all about trial and error. Seeing what works and what doesn’t. Taking in and paying attention to the end result of a lesson, really helps me reflect and figure out what I can do differently. This can allow us as teachers to deep dive into the creativity side of planning and creating different activities and lesson plans that shine on each child’s interests. Incorporating different music, books, crafts etc. It can relate to what we are teaching, but also accommodating to a child’s interest. Although we may have a certain way of running an activity, it doesn’t mean it is always going to work in the way that we hoped. Trying something NEW is okay!