Reply To: What would you do if you suspected child abuse or neglect?

  • Marlana

    January 25, 2023 at 7:43 pm

    You must contact CPS if you even suspect that certain injuries or bruises may be accidental. You must contact CPS if you see signs of emotional or sexual abuse or physical neglect. Even if you have made a report to CPS about a particular child earlier, you must report each new injury or incident. Do not attempt to interview the child or to manage the situation yourself. Both interviewing and investigating are the responsibility of CPS.