Early Childhood Educators Community Child Care Basics
Child Care Basics
Active 2 hours ago
Are you sure you want to leave ?
Reply To: Peer Review – Four Corners Activity
Ramsey GrahamMemberSeptember 2, 2022 at 5:03 pm
- A multicultural education curriculum should be in place in every school. YES, the numbers show, we are heading to a multi-cultural population. WE need to be supporting all students.
- Families should not be expected to be involved in classroom activities. UM family need to be given the opportunity to be engaged as much as they can. I usually had 6 kids in my home, most of them with a disability. I would have loved to be more involved in the class but was often at doctor appointments. Give opportunities that can be done with a variety of schedules.
- All learning programs should accommodate all children with special needs. OK, this one is hard. I have kids that I would not expect to sit in a Typical Math class, but can be with their ‘peers’ in an art class. Every child needs to be met where they are at. For the younger ones, I would try very hard to include a child with a disability. BUT this also means that the Teacher and classroom has been given the necessary supports and accommodations needed to keep all children safe and have the ability to learn.
- Some extended family members may confuse children, so they should not have a voice in raising or educating the child. UM, that’s not our call. We need to work with the families we are given. If this person is important and in this child’s life, you need to learn to communicate with them.
- My curriculum should be based on each individual child’s current interests. UM, I don’t see how that is possible. And part of what we are doing is ‘Teaching’ new skills and ideas. If you can incorporate a child’s interest to support engagement- do it. This may not be what the book says.. But an Individual plan or each child is very hard unless you have lots of staff. I would try to incorporate as much as I can and keep moving along in the learning goals.
- Diversity definitely includes race and culture, but doesn’t include age, ability or family make-up. NO. diversity is everything that affects they child. The child’s age, the parents age, where they live, it all shows that we live in a very divers world.
- Media in general delivers fair and accurate accounts of events around the country. UM, It is our responsibility to find they most balanced and educated resources we can find. I don’t want to judge “Media in general” because we are so fractured in our media consumption right now. Your Media in general may be very different than mine. And this is not the forum to discuss it,
- The United States should discontinue relations with countries that engage in human rights violations. UM, this is not the place for this discussion. As a professional I need to keep my person political believes to myself.